New Dawn is honoured to support the work of Lifeline Syria Cape Breton.
Lifeline Syria Cape Breton represents the desire of many individuals and organizations across Cape Breton to organize a strong and coordinated response to the Syrian refugee crisis. We believe that we have both a responsibility and the capacity to respond to this crisis and aspire to settle 100 Syrian families in the coming months.
The objectives of Lifeline Syria Cape Breton include:
- Advocate: to advocate for increased settlement targets and improved settlement processes for Syrian refugees wishing to come to Canada.
- Inform: to share information on the Syrian refugee crisis and efforts to welcome Syrian refugees with the local Cape Breton community.
- Fundraise: to gather together the financial resources that will be required to sponsor and settle a significant number of Syrian refugees in Cape Breton.
- Sponsor: to directly sponsor Syrian refugees and to enable and assist other community groups and organizations looking to do the same.
- Settle: to coordinate the provincial, municipal and community resources and supports that will be required to settle Syrian individuals and families in our communities (housing, language training, access to primary and secondary schools, health care, and employment)
The best place to keep up to date on the progress of Lifeline Syria Cape Breton is through our website which you can find at www.lifelinesyriacapebreton.ca.
Donations: On behalf of Lifeline Syria Cape Breton, the New Dawn Community Development Educational Foundation is receiving and receipting donations towards the sponsorship and settlement of Syria refugees in Cape Breton.
You can make a donation, and receive a tax receipt for your donation in a number of ways:
1. By mail to or in person at
Lifeline Syria Cape Breton
c/o New Dawn Enterprises
106 Townsend Street
PO Box 1055
2. Online through Lifeline Syria Cape Breton’s Canada Helps page. Canada Helps is a third party registered charity that makes donating online secure and easy. You can donate online using Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal and/or Interac Online. To make a donation to Lifeline Syria Cape Breton through Canada Helps, click here.
3. At any Credit Union branch on Cape Breton Island. When making a donation at a Credit Union, please mention New Dawn Community Foundation Lifeline Syria.
If you would like to reach someone for more information on Lifeline Syria Cape Breton, please contact Erika Shea at 902-539-8729 Ext. 223 or [email protected].